We tried to go camping a 2nd time. Our 1st Camping attempt was fun although I only slept about 2 hours so I was exhausted. I decided I would be totally prepared this time so that I would be able to sleep and enjoy. We went with some friends to a place called Ocean Shores (which sounds all warm and sunny but really we are in the NW people the beach is NOT WARM nor is it usually sunny). We had a great evening once we got there, it was colder than I had anticipated (I know I should know better after 3 years of living here.) But over all the evening was fun! We stayed up semi late and I crawled into bed prepared to sleep ALL night so I could have a fun time at the beach in the morning. My "sleep plan" worked like a charm and I was snug as a bug in a rug, however I was startled awake by Mikey Screaming at
...................wait for it
...........................................3:30 AM.
(Keep in mind the camp sights are literally right next door to each other so the tents are about 5 feet max away from each other.)
Mikey won't sleep with us and when we couldn't get him to stop crying we all went for a SUPER EARLY morning walk. I was of course exhausted and frustrated so after about 30 minutes of walking and freezing my buns off we decided to go back to the tent to sleep. At first Mikey was willing to lay down with Evan and I fell asleep but then next thing I knew Evan was hauling a screaming Mikey into the van and drove away. I decided instead of worry I better sleep so one of us had some sleep. A little over 2 hours later we were up (our neighbor campers packed and left so not sure if they were super mad at us or just in a rush) and Evan comes driving back. We both decided that maybe camping isn't so much our thing although we may give it another shot next summer. We all packed up and went to the beach, which although like I said was overcast and cold was tons of fun!



No comments:
Post a Comment