We enjoyed the few (very few) warm days in Maple Valley this summer. We Loved going to Story time at the lake. Mikey adores the story time lady and LOVED running around the in the trees after.
Mikey also was spoiled (from his dad of course) and got a Bubble Mower (which in the end I will admit was well worth not waiting to find a good deal on craigslist/hand me down) Now if it was only ethical to have mini mowers actually cut the grass we would have an amazing lawn.
My Sis and Bro In Law Ran the RAGNAR and somehow talked me into being their Volunteer to which I then talked my neighbor into volunteering with me so we stood on a road in the middle of no where until 2:00 in the morning (lets just say we were a little cold, a little tired, and a LOT silly.) I hope to run it instead of watch runner soon! (Oh as volunteers they said we could dress up so that we did!)
We also "dogsat" for a friend. Mikey and Evan thought they were in Heaven. And although I LOVED Lady and she was the best dog I just don't think I'm ready for a dog let alone an inside dog. But she is more than welcome to come stay with us whenever she would like. (Yes Mikey tried climbing in her crate a number of times I think he was jealous of it.)And a crazy thing, so we live in the "ghetto", not really but sometimes I feel like it. One Saturday Morning at about 5:30 I woke up to an explosion. I was so out of it I tried to fall back to sleep thinking I was just nuts until I heard a 2nd explosion. It was very loud and very close. I was tired and kept laying in bed (Evan was gone fishing) and I thought "I wonder if the drug house blew up." I soon heard sirens so of course I had to then get out of bed to see what was going on. Well it wasn't the drug house that had blown up but a car had blown up right in front of the drug house. I thought it was weird and kind of wished it had been the drug house so the police could finally catch them but none such luck. Anyway here is a shot of a very interesting wake up call.

Oh and a super cute thing. So sometimes I ask Mikey to do something that I'm not sure if he will understand how to do. I like to see if one he can do it and two what he does to try to do it. He wanted to go outside so I told him if he wanted to go he had to go get some socks and put them on. At the time I figured there was no way he could or would do this but wanted to give him the chance. He headed upstairs I before I was knew it he was at the top of the stairs with a pair of socks trying to put them on. The funny part is I realized they were MY socks not his. I love my smart and creative little man!
1 comment:
Mikey's too cute! And you do not live in the ghetto. Trust me, I lived in the latin ghetto...you're not even close in MV. But you do have to tell me next time about the drug house...
Post a Comment