I had so many fun adventures and goals planned. I was asked to run on a team for Ragnar (a relay race) in July, and I was SO happy to be at a point in my life that I could say "Yes!". I was planning to run a half marathon in the fall, something I have told myself I would do since I was 14. I also planned to hike to Camp Muir (the base camp of Mt. Rainer) with my dad and Brothers. I was really excited at all of these fun challenges that I had lined up.
Evanicio left on a 2 and 1/2 week business trip (mid March) about a week after he left I realized that I was REALLY REALLY tired all the time. I knocked it off to being a combination of working out hard, controlled eating and the stress of being a "single parent". The last week of March I started to feel "funny" but again I told myself that changing my body would make me feel differently so I shrugged it off and kept plowing ahead. On April 1 we skyped with Evanicio. Evanicio really wants a 3rd kid so I thought it would be funny to do the whole "pregnancy test" April fools on him. I was too tired to do anything big so I just showed him the box and and he totally got it and said "that is dumb don't tease me your not pregnant." I know I'm lame at April fools, it isn't my favorite holiday I can't lie.
That night I put my kids to bed and fell into my own bed. My body was completely exhausted and I felt sick. I tried to relax but just kept feeling worse. I was getting angry with myself. I didn't have time to be sick I had this "Challenge", I was currently working solo so I needed to be there for my kids, and I had two days to get the house cleaned and the boys and packed so we could fly to Vegas to meet up with Evanicio and spend time with his family. I laid in bed txting my friend (she often gets many txt's from me if Evan is out of town and I'm feeling stressed.) and she told me to take a pregnancy test. I laughed her off. For those who may not know our two boys are basically miracles to me. We don't get pregnant fast or easy. And although I do feel lucky I have never had to do more than rounds of clomid to get pregnant, getting pregnant has always been a frustrating subject for me. On top of that I HATE being pregnant, I DO NOT hate the baby it makes I just hate feeling so sick, exhausted, and for lack of better word alien. I'm grateful for my two miracles but knew there was NO WAY that I was pregnant. Besides I had just come to terms that we are a two child family and this year was MY year to run my races, do my hikes, reach my physical goals. I fell asleep my mind racing.
I woke up at 5am feeling terrible. I knew that I had to take the test. NO I didn't not think I was pregnant, but I knew something was wrong and every doctor I have ever gone to always asks first "did you take a pregnancy test" so I figured I would do it and get it out of the way. When I took the test with the boys my two lines were faint and often took the entire 5 min wait time to show up. So you can imagine my shock when two bright bold lines showed up the moment the test started. I was confused tired and sick so I laid down in bed giving the test the full 5 minutes sure that what I had seen was a fluke. But when I went back to look at it indeed two very bright lines were there confirming what I had promised myself was impossible. I WAS PREGNANT!
| I took a picture and then threw it in the garbage still in shock. |
When I finally got to speak to Evanicio later that day he was in shock as well. But undoubtedly happy.
Somehow I powered through the next couple days and got the boys and myself packed and on a plane to Vegas.
![]() |
| Eating dinner and watching planes take off at the airport Mr. H couldn't have been Happier. |
![]() |
| Landing in Vegas Henry was shouting "WOW!" He really liked all the lights. |
The next day I flew to Phoenix AZ where my brother lives. 3 of my other siblings were also going there to surprise him for a fun siblings weekend. Although I didn't feel amazing I was happy but also a little worried that I wasn't feeling super sick. I really questioned if my pregnancy was a viable one because I felt so different than I remembered with the boys. I was tired, some food didn't sound awesome, and I needed to eat a little bit every so often but other than that I wasn't too bad. I was nervous I would miscarry but tried not to worry about or focus on that.
The weekend was amazing! It was so fun to catch up with my siblings without any distractions. We all try to stay in touch but face to face is always easier for me to really feel like I know what is going on, so it was great! ![]() |
| Hiking |
| YUMMY breakfast we made together! |
| Scorpion Hunting |
| Being US! |
I headed back to Vegas on Monday night and by Tuesday morning I felt like a bus had hit me. I felt Horrible.
| The Container Park |
I tried my best to be a good sport but between feeling horrible, and Mikey puking for two days while we were there all I want to do is go home and be in my own bed.
So it was a fun trip but I was glad to head home when it was over.
![]() |
| Headed home. |




1 comment:
You're a super star! And miracle baby girl is meant to be!! She's blessed to have you as her Momma.
Post a Comment