My parent's were so kind to bring us surprises from their garden! They gave me many tomatoes and peppers. I don't know about you but a store tomato and a garden tomato are two completely different things. Store tomatoes often taste almost fishy to me, they just taste weird so I rarely eat them fresh. A garden tomato is amazing, it is juicy and fresh for lack of better words. it tastes like what I think a tomato should taste like. So of course we ate as many as we could fresh but the other thing about garden tomatoes is that they can't be kept in the fridge for weeks like store bought ones they need to be used or will go to waste. So I roasted some tomatoes, peppers and onions then pureed them into some of the yummiest sauce that I could freeze for later. This was also great because Evanicio is allergic to garlic and if you try to buy pasta sauce without garlic well you can't.

My parents were with my sisters family on Sunday and since Evanicio was actually home we decided a relaxing day at the downtown beach would be fun.
 |
| Boats, planes, and digging = Little Man's Heaven |
 |
| Dipping our toes. |
 |
| Watching Boats |
It was a perfect trip for us. It was so relaxing, I love to feel the sand and hear the water lapping and you already know I love a warm blanket of sun on me. The boys loved watching the boats and planes. Mikey loved digging in the sand and Henry was cautiously watching and taking in all of the new sights. Although trips to the beach wouldn't generally come to mind on a Sunday this one was perfect and much needed by our little family as Evanicio has been gone so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment