One of my Callings in church is as an activity days leader (this is a person that hosts activities for girls from age 8 to 11.) We decided to try to make homemade root beer for one of the activities. I grew up seeing this stuff made but had never made it myself. It kind of turned out. A big piece of dry ice froze to the bottom of the cooler so it didn't end up very carbonated. When I got it home I filled it with water from the hose so Mikey could see what fun dry ice is.
Later this same day we went to enjoy "Music in the park", which is a free band that plays in our local park every week for the summer. The music was AWESOME as it was mostly current hits (we have had country, jazz etc). It is kind of a tradition for me to make a big bowl of home made Kettle corn aka "sticky popcorn" to take that we share with anyone sitting near us. When we got home I took off Mikey's shirt so I could put on his pajamas. I hadn't realized that a piece of sticky popcorn was on his shirt and when I pulled it off his head look where it ended up.
Mikey is an awesome worker. It is so fun to watch him work. We are still in the process of extending our patio so in the mean time we have a large dirt area that Mikey loves to dig in. This summer I hooked him up with his own shovel and gloves and lets just say he spend literally hours out of the week outside digging in the dirt.
Look at that shoveling form! Make me wonder if we should really extend the patio or just leave it as dirt hahaha!
No comments:
Post a Comment