
Our Little Man turned 3! It was a wonderful day! I stayed up late the night before getting everything done so I could just focus and Play with him all day. I thought he may want to go somewhere but all he wanted to do is play, play, play at home (He hates leaving the house but is always happy once we do, but it is like pulling teeth to get him dressed and in the car.)
I decorated with streamers, banners, and TONS of Balloons (Thank goodness for an air compressor.) That morning when we came downstairs for breakfast and Mikey saw all the Decorations he yelled "HOLY MOLY IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!" it was hilarious! (You can blame the Holy Moly on me)
I had also set up his tent that I made awhile ago and put all the balloons in it (they didn't stay in it long.)Little Man received toys throughout the day (we may have spoiled him a little more than planned oops.) I made him a Super Man/Batman Cape (one of the things I stayed up late the night before working on.)


He also received his first "lego" set. It is actually Lego Duplo's, he wanted "real" legos but I thought he was a little too young still so I'm hoping this is a good transition from mega blocks until next year.
The funny thing about Mikey is he constantly thinks he is older than he is. A week up to his birthday when people would ask how old he was going to be he would hold up his entire hand and yell "FIVE!". Of course those who didn't know us would give me a very surprised look and I would tell them he was turning three. I worked with him on Three but in the end I think he thought putting up three finger was too hard because during the party we asked how old he was and he gave his normal answer "FIVE!"
Mikey requested Hot dogs, cucumbers, and a piece of bread (not a bun just normal bread) for his birthday dinner. I didn't mind giving into this since it was SO simple! He asked for Banana cake so when I made it the night before I decided to go a step further and create a "Monkey" theme.
I know it is far from perfect but remember this decision was last minute so I was doing this at 11:00 at night with what I had on hand, like a sandwich bag to pipe frosting hahaha! In the end Mikey proves to be like his dad and didn't really touch the cake, they both love the ice cream. I think we will just do ice cream next year since there was obviously too much cake and no one to eat it!We had my sisters family and two of little man's friends and their families over for cake and ice cream that evening. It was laid back just the way I like it!
Mikey is actually the loudest kid singer in the video he LOVES singing Happy Birthday!
These pictures just make me laugh and Mikey is still working on "Blowing" he was trying so hard.

This is as good as I got of the friends since the rest of the time they were literally running like crazy in all the balloons.
Two days later at play group we had another little Birthday party. One of the boys that is in Mikey's play group was born on the same day in the same hospital so we did a simple joint party. 
Mikey didn't mind having another party at all!And after working some more with him I think we have the three thing almost down.

We Love our Little Man SO MUCH! We Can't imagine life with out him.
A few things about him at this age:
1. He has outstanding manners for a three year old as long as he is not too distracted. It is easy to give him something even something small because often times when you do he will get so excited and then say "You got this JUST for ME! Thank you! Thank you so much!"
2. He does not like getting his hands dirty with food (he doesn't mind dirt) so he would rather someone else feed him.
3. He loves to come up and say "Will you PLEASE play with me for just a little bitit?" (The Bitit part always gets us.
4. If not distracted he will tell you story after story. (As Grandpa Poke Nose and Grandma Mamu found out when they called on his birthday.)
5. Every Monday morning he wakes up to the sound of the garbage truck coming down our street, he then yells for me until I come get him and hold him in the window so he can wave. (And our garbage truck driver is awesome he not only waves and honks but also has the garbage truck "wave" it's clamps at Mikey.)
6. He LOVES eating Oatmeal for breakfast. If there is something else to eat (ie cereal etc) he still wants a bowl of oatmeal. (He didn't get this from his Maimai.)
7. He LOVES family! We live far away from most of our family but he has an amazing memory of each of them and during the week will usually ask about each of them at least once. He also always asks to get on a plane to go see them.
8. He LOVES planes, cars, trucks, trains.
9. He already stops to watch little girls we pass that are his age. He will also blow girls kisses but they don't have to be small he flirts with the ladies too. (I think we are in trouble!)
10. He has a way of melting our hearts with his LOVE. He is very loving wanting to give hugs and tell you he loves you, he doesn't like to see you sad.
I could go on and on but that is just a little about him. Thank you friends and family for the thoughtful, calls, comments and gifts, for his Birthday. It was a WONDERFUL day!
4 comments:
I LOVE this post. What a great day to spend a birthday just playing. And I love your list of things about him. I know we all think that kind of stuff about our kids but to right it down seems to really celebrate and be thankful for how great they are. He is a cutie! Sometimes I think "Do I want my next baby to be a boy?" And this post just made me realize that that's a resounding "YES" Thanks for sharing all the fun stuff.
What a sweet little guy you have! Looks like he had a wonderful birthday! :)
He is so cute. Love the cape and cupcakes!
How cute! I love the cupcakes. You do a great job, my cakes always end up messy and I end up buying one last minute. Mikey is adorable!
Post a Comment