I DO NOT like being cold so snow is not my thing. I never grew to love snow sports and do not like ice so I was pretty miserable feeling stuck and freezing. Mikey on the other hand thought it was AWESOME!
He wanted to be outside in the snow whenever possible which meant I had to face my fears and go out with him. I helped him make his first snow man which we deemed Paipai so of course then we had to make a smaller one that was Mikey. Little Mans neighbor friend came over to help us.
And no Mikey is not prematurely growing facial hair. We played pirates with some friends that morning and he didn't want to take his "pirate face" off.For those of you who live with lots of snow you are probably laughing asking what the big deal is about since there isn't a lot of snow. I did the same thing when we moved here. But when it snows here even if it is a little bit it generally always melts then freezes creating sheets of thick ice over everything. And since we don't get a ton of snow they do not plow or put salt down so just imagine the road turning into a big ice rink. Also most people do not get studded snow tires here again because generally you only need them about a week out of an entire winter.
And we have constant power outages because we have so many trees that break off due to ice and snow breaking power lines. (We felt lucky that our power only went out for about 12 hours, many people lost power for 2 to 5 days yuck!)
1 comment:
That is insane!!! Holy cow! I can't believe that much devastation can happen. Mikey is so fun!
Post a Comment