Thursday, June 3, 2010

May - Make sure to read the previous post as well:)


Based on the last post in May we decided to cut Mikey's hair. He is always such a great baby when we have cut (more like trimmed since he really doesn't have much) his hair. After being so good we decided he deserved a cookie. This is actually the first cookie he has ever had in his life (because of his sever food allergies) to say the least he consumed the entire thing and when cleaned off ran to the cupboard the cookies were on and kept signing "please" and "more". The next day out of the blue he said "cookie" which took me by surprise since he usually just signs instead of speaks and we don't say cookie much around our house. I guess he takes after me and my sweet tooth.
Evan and I went to our ward's 80's party. I was so excited, as I'm a kid at heart and LOVE dressing up! I really didn't think Evan would get into it. I told him just to dress preppy but while I was getting ready he surprised me by walking in like this. It was a TOTALLY TUBULAR night. I even won "best dressed". You have to love the blue eyeshadow. My hair was a little bigger but we forgot to take pictures until after we had done some crazy dancing.




Mikey also takes after me when it comes to being outside. We are both much happier when we are outside especially if it is sunny! If you call our house on a sunny day you will likey get the answering machine. We drop everything to spend time in the sun. Since we live in a very rainy place there is nothing more important the sun time when we actually get it. My MIL got Mikey these super cute Havaiana sandals and I couldn't resist to put them on my little M.



Recently I have come across many blogs of people turning trash to treasure. I'm amazed at the deals they find and what they do with them. If you know me at all you know I love to pinch my pennies. But I also enjoy having cute and nice things as much as the next person. So Good Will has become my new best friend (Since Craigslist has now become Lethal.) I will try to post my first project soon. There is a horse in the entrance of Good Will that Mikey Loves. He signs Horse every time we go in there. (which is weekly now.) Evan insists that if I have a quarter and he asks that I let him ride it. The funniest part is while he is on it he never smiles and he has a death grip on you. But every time he asks for more so I assume he enjoys it somehow.

After having such a fun time at the 80's party I was SO in the mood to dance. Sure I would love to chacha, tango, etc. but I just wanted to crazy dance. You know like those HS dances after football games. But where is a married woman to go and do this kind of dancing one might ask? Well that is exactly what I wanted to know. So when my awesome friend and neighbor told me that her friend wanted her to go clubbing and that I had to go with them I thought "Why not?" Just for your knowledge I married young and never ever went clubbing. Sure I knew it was a "single scene" but I was going with other married women who just wanted to dance so I thought "Better late than never." We invited our husbands but they quickly turned us down. I also had my sister go with us. I will admit initially I was disgusted and appaled by the nastiness of the men they had no shame in totally and obviously checking you out and didn't seem to mind that you were totally married and NOT interested in them. But luckily we had a group of 5 girls (the pic is me my sis and my neighbor we picked up the other two later) that rocked and we soon got down to business.....of dancing that is! We had a blast the club even bumped us up the line and let us in for free! (I give all the credit to my neighbor and her swanky night club shirt.) A DJ even came out on the floor and thanked us for keeping the party going (this was in a very crowded room) We danced until my feet almost fell off, literally I almost didn't make it back to the car. To say the least I won't be clubbing weekly but it hit the spot for some full on out crazy dancing!

4 comments:

The Watkins said...

cute pictures! sounds like you guys are doing great! Mikey is so handsome!

Amanda said...

Wow. Clubbing. I did a lot of dancing in my single days and I agree about the nastiness of some men.

Glad to see you are alive!

Angela said...

Love that you went to a clun dancing!

Julie said...

You're so photogenic! And you do 80's much better than I ever could!