While I was at my brothers, Evanicio called and told me that his parents were flying to come visit. I was excited and asked "When?" (Thinking it would be in a few weeks or more.) his response was "This Friday for Henry's Birthday." This was awesome except I had left the house a disaster and I wasn't going to get back home until Wednesday afternoon. Besides all that my baby was turning one so I needed to get all his Birthday stuff done. I had to do all that and manage as a single parent, since Evanicio was still traveling and wouldn't be home until the evening before they were going to arrive. I'm a stresser, it is in my blood, so although excited I was feeling a bit frantic when we got home Wednesday.
I think I will always be emotional on my kids Birthdays. For two reasons. One I'm sad, they grow up so gosh darn fast! Two I'm so proud of who they are becoming and feel so blessed that they are in my life and in our family. So many emotions at once can be hard.Henry LOVES airplanes. It was his first sign. It is almost impossible to take his picture outside because all he does is look up in the sky for more airplanes. So the night before his birthday (I'm super good at last minute late night ideas) I made an aviator hat for him. I know he had no idea what it was but it was still SO cute!
| He is looking out the window for an airplane. |
Little Man has a little Monkey "Toby" that I bought for him when he was a baby. Little Man LOVES Toby, but Henry also LOVES Toby and it has become a problem so Mikey decided to give Henry a little "friend" of his own. I found the Jellycat stuffed animals that I thought they were so cute so I had Mikey choose one for Henry. He chose the Armadillo and he named it Andy. Henry is showing Andy to you here.
We made Henry his very own Little Cake. I have always wanted to do this:)
And airplane Cupcakes for everyone else.
I think he thought he was in trouble when we first started singing.
He was nervous and then tried to grab the flame.
In the end he didn't care about the cake. He stuck a fork in it and that is all he wanted to do with it. I can't say I'm surprised Mikey didn't want his at this age either.









No comments:
Post a Comment