Mikey: Mom does dad live in Brasil and visit us?
Me: No Mikey he lives here and sometimes works in Brasil.
Mikey: Does that mean he is going to come home tonight?
Me: No not tonight.
Mikey: Does that mean he is coming tomorrow?
Me: No not tomorrow
Mikey: Oh then he does live in Brasil.
Mikey's Dictionary (The best part is Mikey is very verbal and I feel for his age pretty clear and understandable when he speaks. So these aren't just words he mumbles he really thinks this is the correct way to say it.)
American Flag: Kamerican Flag (No matter how many times I correct him he always adds a K)
Remote Control: Kamote Control
His Keen Sandals: "My Quionwalk sandals" (He is getting mixed up with the Grain Quinoa.)
Food
I LOVE rice it is my go to starch of choice for a meal (you know some people choose pasta potatoes bread I generally have rice with our meals.) Although I enjoy mixing it up I cook different types of rice (jasmine, brown, arborio etc) I also enjoy making Pearl Barley and Quinoa (I know they aren't rice but to me they are similar ideas). Unfortunately my LOVE of rice has rubbed off onto Mikey so he rarely will eat potatoes and only sometimes can be coaxed to eat pasta. So whenever I serve him something I just call it Rice and hope he will eat it.
Mikey: What kind of Rice are we having.
Me: Which kind do you think we are having?
Mikey: Please not the Quinoa Rice I don't like that one.
Me: Why not buddy?
Mikey: It feels funny.
Have you seen my Marbles?
As a Mother of Two and a work widow I often feel a
Well the next Saturday was Mikey's preschool friends Birthday Party. We had been anticipating this party for a month(Since preschool ended). I made his friend a super hero cape got Mikey super excited and 30 minutes before the party I double checked the directions (do you see a pattern here hahaha) and realized that the party had been on FRIDAY. Mother Fail #2 in 2 weeks.
Obviously I need to start adding more to my calendar and reminders, or at least looking closer at dates.
It has been pretty hot for the NW and we like most people here do not have AC. So we open everything and have fans blowing cold night air in and then shut down our house by about 5 am until about 7 pm at night when we open it all up and do it all over again. Well tonight I had a fan in Henry's window and I was changing his diaper. The fan was blowing right on us and I didn't even think but totally shook the baby powder out on Henry's bum. Well just think how well that went....FAN....Powder.....Not a good combination.
But do not fear there is good news at the end (if you are still reading hahaha) after over a month of living out of a mini fridge (our fridge died while Evan was traveling, my family was here, and I was working on redoing the office and bathroom...perfect timing.) we finally ordered a new one and will hopefully be back to normal fridge status in a week!
1 comment:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has moments like this, but I can tell you ar a great mom! You are amazing! My daughter has funny words she won't let go of as well like pantry is "panatree" and eachother is "meachother" even though she's been talking really well for 4+ years. It still makes me smile though :)
Post a Comment