Christmas was so magical, so warm, and happy. I have always hoped to make Christmas as memorable and magical for my children as my parents made it for us. But I will be the first to admit every year I have gotten overwhelmed and felt like I have failed them. I had to let a lot of things slide this year, since my hands were full, life was busy, and Evanicio was gone. I read a post from our adopted Grandma Mikie it couldn't have come at a better moment in my life. I needed to know that what I was doing for my family was ok and that I wasn't failing my children. In it she says "The memories of Christmas past, while treasured, are as gone as the people that graced our table. But some traditions still remain." I know it sounds simple but it is what I needed. My kids can't have 'my' Christmas memories they are mine, but I can help them make new ones and some of the traditions that I remember can be theirs.
I hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year full of traditions new and Old!
The Cousins make Homemade gifts for each other. (I didn't get a picture of the gifts, but I think KK did!)
Santa thought he could use some Star Wars toys that weren't Legos as well (Star wars legos are all for 7 and up this kid is just shy of 4). Mikey also asked for a book about the body, he is very interested about how things work.
And Grandpa Poke Nose made Mikey Lincoln Logs! Which were perfect for fortress building and landing pads.
4 comments:
Well it looks like you guys had a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS! I do think that it is very hard though to decide what traditions to have for your own little family! You do a great job! No worries! And the boys are just so darn cute!
Cute family! Don't stress about it...just enjoy it all. On a side note...we were bummed to get put into your old ward and then have you booted out of it! It seems like all the young families from LW ward left with you, too. Yikes...thus begins our new journey... 5 wards in 8 years kind of takes its toll! Good luck to you guys. Hopefully you will see Evan more this year???
Looks like an awesome christmas!
Wow McKell...I totally needed to hear that too! But it looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! I love that Mikey wanted a book about the body...future doctor? :)
I have enjoyed catching up, and I am so impressed that you ran a 5K! You are amazing!
Post a Comment