Sunday, December 16, 2012

I haven't fallen off the face of the earth just yet....

So sorry, life has been CRAZY!  Amidst all the traveling spouse and normal everyday crazy, our computer died, our furnace stopped working (while Evan was gone thank goodness to MaCGyver neighbor or we would have froze!) Thanksgiving came and went, then family came into town for a Blessing and a baptism.  Lets just say I feel like everything is on triple time fast forward and there is no slowing down.  (I'm not trying to complain I'm just curious how mom's who do so much more than me do it.)
No Excuses really, I will just try to do a bit of catch up but don't be surprised if in the near future I miss a few weeks again.
The last part of my pregnancy with Henry I was feeling Horrible in EVERY way.  I needed something to look forward to so I set a goal to run a 5k on Thanksgiving.  Thanks to a great friend and my sister I was able to do some running to work up to it.  Then on race day my friend and I headed out, I ran my fastest 5k (even though I will admit I was really annoyed with all the cutters talk about horrible race etiquette).  I won't tell you how fast I went since I'm sure it isn't that fast but it was good enough for me.  It felt good to meet my goal and it was awesome to have a great friend do it with me!

After the run I raced (no pun intended harhar) back to my house where I quickly showered grabbed kids and food and took off to my sisters house for thanksgiving lunch.  I will admit that being on a restricted diet (no dairy, soy, eggs fish or nuts) has been harder this time around then when I had to do it for Mikey.  I'm not sure if I'm just a wuss or if all the yummy pumpkin goodies were screaming my name.  (I LOVE PUMPKIN ANYTHING!)  But my baby is more important than any yummy treat so of course I stuck with my restrictions.  My brother and his wife came as well as my sisters friends and some of their family.  Overall it was a great day!
I better head to bed but keep checking back as I try to catch up!

1 comment:

v said...

You impressive woman! I ran a block with Jane in the stroller and felt silly how tired I was. Good for you!! I hear ya on the diets of a nursing mom. You have a lot more restrictions then me, but not having chocolate is tough... it's everywhere! Good luck with your cute boys this holiday season :)