Monday, August 20, 2012

Sun Lovin

This past week was the hottest for the North West this year.  We hit into the low 90's for three days straight, and we were in the 80's for three days prior to that.  I know it doesn't sound so bad, but try taking that heat with no type of AC, and being hugely pregnant.  Also the nights don't cool down here so even with windows open and fans blowing the air in all night I couldn't get the house below 70 degrees and it generally hit 80 by about 11 am and kept climbing until 9 or later at night. 

Evanicio left on another business trip before this heat wave so Mikey and I had to fight the heat alone.  Getting really hot tends to make my pregnancy sickness ten times worse, so even though I LOVE LOVE LOVE sun, summer, and heat I was having a hard time. We spent a lot of time sitting very still in front of fans.  (Ok maybe Mikey didn't sit still but I tried too, the more I moved the sicker I felt.)  We went on a few outdoor excursions to parks with water at them.  We cooked one night and then after realizing what a terrible idea that was survived on leftovers and sandwiches for the rest of the week. 
I feel so lucky to have great friends that were willing to hang out with us, which meant I could sit and relax and Mikey wore himself out running around.

Evanicio is still gone until the end of this week so I didn't get a picture of  the baby bump.  I'm hoping right now that baby stays in long enough for Evan to get home, but once he is home I'm open meeting this little guy at ANY TIME.  (Sooner the better!)

1 comment:

v said...

So my phone doesnt allow me to see private blogs and we gave up internet forcooler phones, so i just loved catching up. iIt's crazy you can have your baby any day now. hang in there! Mikey is so stinkin' cute i'm sure this next guy will be darling as well