On Wednesday August 29 I woke up feeling tired. Nothing new for a pregnant lady I assume though.
Little Man seemed out of sorts that morning as well. He said his tummy hurt, but to be honest he says that a lot and with all of his digestive problems it usually just means he needs to go potty. He didn't want to eat breakfast and I was to tired to argue so I wrapped him up on the couch and turned on a show. I went downstairs to see Uncle Teo and get breakfast. While down there I heard Mikey head to the bathroom. I headed up knowing he would need my assistance in wiping. I helped him got him off the potty and was going to put his underwear back on when he started to puke. The good news is we were right by the potty so I quickly twirled him around and most of it went in the pot! The bad news I HATE throw up and Uncle Teo was staying with us!
I felt terrible! After cleaning up and bathing Mikey, I told Uncle Teo that he may want to head to our sisters house to avoid our germs. Uncle Teo is a trooper and acted like throw up was not a big deal, but I still sent him away as soon as he was willing. Mikey seemed to be better just a little weak and tired but he said his tummy was fine. Within a few hours he was back to his old self, so I'm not sure what had caused that. Mikey and I hung low the rest of the day. I felt yucky so I took a nap and Mikey watched shows and played toys. We were supposed to go to my sisters house that night for dinner but that wasn't going to happen.
At about 7:00ish I picked up my brother and we came back to our house and worked in the garage on the 'Laundry basket dresser'. I was feeling better just tired so although Teo could have kept working at about 10:30 pm I told him that we should call it a night. Teo was leaving the next day and I didn't want to wear him out. We both figured we could finish building the rest of it in the morning.
I climbed in bed a little after 11:00, read some of my book and played games on my Kindle. During this time I felt a couple 'contraction' type feelings. I figured I was probably feeling Braxton Hicks. I turned off the light and tried to go to sleep. A little after 12:30 I still wasn't asleep. I had a few more feelings of pressure. Nothing painful, but still kept me awake. After trying to sleep I finally gave up and decided a nice warm shower may help me settle down. (Sometimes my mind can't stop at night and I figured that my mind was psyching my body out with stress and causing false contractions.)
Initially I felt relaxed but after a few minutes I felt another contraction. Again it wasn't painful but it did take my breath away. By the end of the shower I figured I better get some comfy clothes on rather than PJ's 'Just in case', time the contractions, and pack my bag (I know I was told by many people to pack my bag long ago but I never did.)
I calmly and slowly got dressed, I didn't feel like I needed to rush and I didn't want to alarm anyone (Uncle Teo was in the Guest room across from our room). Once I was dressed I realized the contractions were coming faster and that I had to stop and focus for the first 30 seconds when they would come but then I could keep moving around. I think it was a little after 1:00 am at this point
I started to time them while sitting on my birthing ball. I mentioned to Evanicio that we may need to go to the hospital sometime but I didn't feel an urgency (At this point Evanicio went to Mikey's room, Mikey had woken up to use the bathroom and couldn't fall back to sleep.). The contractions came and went. They bounced from every 5 min to 2 min to 3 to 4 to 2. They still weren't horrible, my water hadn't broke, I figured I was good. I quietly started to move around to pack my bag.
To be Continued ...
No comments:
Post a Comment