Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Spring is peeking through the clouds (on occasion)

I know I sound like a broken record, but this time of year I just want to scream at the weather.  I can't take the grey wet rain any longer and I wish for sunny days.  When those days do make an appearance I do my best to drop everything else planned and spend the day outside enjoying every drop of sunshine I can, and let Little Man run free like a normal 3 year old should.
We were lucky enough to have some pretty decent weekends which is awesome since then we can go out as a family not just Little Man and I.  A 10 minute drive will took us to a paved trail and a fruit/veggie stand that just reopened for the "season".  Mikey loved the trail but he has a LOT to learn about biking etiquette on the trail.  (Sorry other riders)
We have been a little Puppy/Dog hungry around here (we blame our niece/cousin dog Tillie that we miss so much. As well as "my dog" Kleg that resides at my parents but I always wish we could accommodate
 here.) so we visited an adoption event.  We all fell in love with this little one.  Our Friends are actually fostering this lady and 3 of her siblings and they are super cute.  But since we are already expecting a new member to our family we decided we would just look but not take home.

After visiting these cuties we headed to a park that I have been wanting to visit.  It had this spinning toy that doesn't look that crazy but I was nervous for Mikey to ride on it, he stayed on for a short time the he said  "I'm feeling sick." (that part is in the movie)  Poor guy was so dizzy he didn't know what to do. Soon he was feeling better and played some tunes for us: 
The next day was Sunday but since it was sunny after church we went for a family walk and then relaxed on the sunny front lawn.  Here is Baby Jott at 20 weeks and Big Brother Mikey (Notice he is still in his Sunday socks that is how we roll). 
We haven't seen much sun since (almost a week and half now) so we are hoping it will peek through the clouds again soon!

1 comment:

MaryKai said...

I love, love, love that last picture. What a cute baby tummy!!