Saturday, July 2, 2011

Playing Like we Mean it...Part 3

On July 1 Mikey and I were able to go see some friends. Our first stop was at Ryan, Holly and Brooklyn's. (Evan and I miss these guys so much and hope that one day we will live close to them again.) Mikey tells me he is going to marry Brooklyn which I couldn't be happier about but we will have to convince Brooklyn that it is a splendid idea.
They took us to a "Fire Truck" Park. Lets just say I got to eat two lunches since Mikey was less than interested in food while we were there. (I couldn't even get him to stand for a picture by it.)We also went to a "Kiddie Parade" that Mikey LOVED. (Isn't it funny how happy a bunch of bikes going down the road and one tootsie roll can make a kid?)
I think Mikey was missing his "man/dad time" because he really glued himself to Ryan. There was a firetruck at the parade that not many people seemed to want to see but M and B were pretty impressed.So the firemen let them sit in it... which made Mikey think he was king of the world. He kept telling people he got to drive it. hahaThanks for letting us come play the time went too fast!
We also saw my childhood friend Kara and her family but this was one of those time I failed to take pictures again. Darn it! But thanks for letting us stop in and see you guys!
We picked up Evan at the airport at 11:30pm Mikey was still awake and SO excited to see his Paipai.
Mikey ready to weed in his "work gloves"Like Father like Son.Grandpa was super nice and gave Mikey a tour of his workshop. Mikey was so excited and said "Grandpa Poke Nose has a workshop just like Bob the builder!" hahaha!We also got to see another train before we had to head back! We thought this is where our trip would end but why end a good thing too soon so we stayed a few more days!
To be continued.....

No comments: