I'm pretty disgruntle about this weather. I have HAD IT! Most days I'm either super angry or super sad about the whole dumb wet cold rain. I do try to find the funny parts about it. I came up on this silly article that began with this:
"After 120 days of mostly disappointing weather, Mother Nature finally got it right on Sunday. (this was Sunday May 1)
Lawn mowers could be heard throughout the city. Bicycle tires were inflated. The world’s palest legs were slipped into a pair of shorts for the first time in months.
By 5 p.m., the temperature reached 66 degrees, only the seventh time in the first 121 days of the year it’s been above 60. "
It made me laugh. My Favorite part is "The World's Palest legs...." I think this may be the only region that it is completely normal and acceptable to wear shorts with deathly white legs. (And I like that because I have never been one to tan I usually just end up with a painful burn and potential skin cancer.)
I know there are those reading this that are thinking. "I wish I had that weather....What I wouldn't give for rain......I would love to be cooled off" Dang you dang you all for thinking that! Sure a day here or there of rain is fine but until you live for not only days but MONTHS of nonstop cold and rain you may just think that your "blazing hot weather" wasn't near as bad as you thought. Ok maybe you won't think that but I would.
We have luckily had a few days that had a COUPLE OF HOURS of sun and mid temperatures meaning low 60's. When the sun does peak through the clouds I literally drop everything get Mikey even if he is sleeping and we stay outside until we get too cold and have to go in.
OK enough of my rant. I just had to get it off my chest (AGAIN) that I DO NOT LIKE THE WET COLD WEATHER! So if you want to do a sun dance, cross your fingers, or just blow really hard on the sun and send some sun this way I would really LOVE you! (And so would this little fellow)
No comments:
Post a Comment