We ate a TON of fun food there! It was all SO yummy. I have created a slide show just of food. And I will tell you that this isn't even half of what we ate. My brother Matt was also there visiting and he took many pictures of the food so I tried not to draw more attention to our "Crazy food picture taking" by pulling out my camera every time as well, I will try to post the rest when I get them so you can see everything! (Warning if you are hungry you may want to skip over viewing this!)
Wow that made me hungry just making it! Really I missed so many I can't wait to post all of them you will be drooling!
I'm going to Journal day by day that way I hopefully will hit everything.
Friday:
I arrived 2am Friday morning (Poor John Courtney and Tillie) Matt had landed about an hour before me darn late flight. We got a little bit of rest. Then we woke up and Courtney made us these AMAZING breakfast sandwiches. She made fresh biscuits (I'm not talking about Bisquick there were amazing!) and on them she put sunny side up egg, prosciutto, and marmalade (I think). DIVINE! Then we headed off to Galveston where we roamed the streets and shops. Saw historic land markers and remains of Ike. And ate Yummy Gumbo, muscles, and shrimp as well as candy! We walked a little bit on the beach and out onto a jetty. ( This was the only real sun I got while in Houston and I had loaded up on so much sun screen I really didn't get any at all hahaahha!) It was gorgeous, I could have roamed the beach for hours.
We then visited this super fun supermarket that I felt like was a mix between a Whole Foods and Pike's market feel. (I know weird combination). It just had a HUGE variety of everything and it was so jammed packed with people. The cheese isle (yes Isle) for instance consisted of an entire isle both sides full of cheese as well as a middle island full of cheese too. (And that was just the cheese section.)
Because of the busy day and HUGE cheese selection we had Gourmet Grilled cheese and soup for dinner!
Saturday: Matt and I helped John in the yard, we asked to help. I LOVED mowing his lawn I tried to be more helpful but other than a few stray weeds or a twig that had blown down my brother has an immaculate yard so I couldn't help much but loved every minute of it. We attended a brunch party at Jill and Nishta's. Nishta writes this food blog and blogged about the food we ate while there. It was so simple and YUMMY! I loved it all. My favorite "surprise" was the Indian Black salt it tastes like eggs! MMMMM! I feel lucky to have attended!
We we got home Courtney had mentioned wanting to recover the seat of two chairs. Well I just LOVE projects and we were going to "HAVE" to stop by a Hobby Lobby which I have heard SO much about but have never had the chance to go to so I did not drag my feet to jump on this. I actually have no pictures from this (I'm hoping Matt does.) I'm so silly I always think I take a ton of pictures only to realize after that I haven't. With Courtney as the master Mind we were able to cover the two seats. They looked amazing. And my take an Hobby Lobby....Big, fun, and OVERWHELMING hahahaha!
Sunday: We laid low most of the day, which was perfect because it meant I was able to have a lot of "sit outside and enjoy the warm weather time". We went to Courtney's mom's house for dinner. WOW! She knows how to cook! We had Gumbo (which I thought was amazing better than the Gumbo I had at the restaurant.) Crab cakes which were divine (I hadn't eaten crab cakes since this awful experience.) Asparagus, garlic bread, and for a dessert a Lemon. We went for a lovely walk between dinner and dessert just to make room!
Monday: We Drove to Lockhart for some REAL Texas BBQ. We also had Some yummy Kolache's at a gas station (weird place to get that huh?)
On the way home we stopped at Buc-ee's which is like an ULTIMATE gas station. If you are in Texas try to hit at least one of them just to see their bathrooms hahahaha! (There was only a Manikin in this mascot otherwise I wouldn't have gotten so close.)
Thank you so much for everything John, Courtney, and Tillie! We can't wait to see you soon!









No comments:
Post a Comment