We spent Christmas Eve at my sisters house where we had dinner and acted out the nativity (we let the kids dress us up as shepherds, wise men, angels etc. so it was awesome.)Since it was Mikey's first Christmas is was really fun to watch him open gifts. It was kind of funny though because usually when he is ripping paper I get mad (because he usually ends up eating it) so when we told him to rip it he looked at us like we were nuts. He finally slowly began to rip it watching me the whole time wondering when he was going to get in trouble. (Maybe I shouldn't make such a big deal about paper, this could be very confusing for a child.)
I made the traditional "candy cane" pastry for breakfast but because I still have food allergy restrictions and couldn't eat it I found a non allergy cinnamon roll recipe that I made for me. (It was good but def not the traditional.) I'm also not a huge fan of egg nog but I like a little glass once a year, so when I saw this rice nog I HAD to try it. By itself it wasn't so great but used to make hot chocolate it was awesome! Over all the holidays were great and flew by much faster than we hoped just as always.
We welcomed in the New Year at home as Mikey threw a fit when he realized we were going out instead of to bed so we decided not to go to the New Years Party. We have loved and felt very blessed in 2009 and we are hoping for another great year in 2010!
1 comment:
McKell, You are so beautiful! Oh my, I can not believe your little boy. What a handsome little guy. I see so much of you and your husband in him. I hope you are all continuing to do well. I enjoy reading your blog.
Post a Comment