Saturday, October 24, 2009

Family Pic's


For Mother's day M got me an armature SLR camera. My goal was to get pics of Mikey using this camera on a more regular basis then making photo shoot appointments. (There are so many risks with babies and photo shoots #1 being crabby baby)
I def think I have gotten many shots of M and a few of them are not too bad. (I know I have a LONG way to go before calling myself a photographer.) But in the back of my mind I still really wanted a family picture. I mentioned this MANY times to Evan but realized it was up to me. So on what I'm pretty sure was the last nice sunday of the year I woke Evan up from his nap to get a picture of our family. We did not have a tripod and my neighbor that was going to help us wasn't home. So we did our best to balance the camera on books etc. to get a picture. It was ok but we weren't getting well centered shots. I was frustrated because I really wanted a family picture. But soon we gave up. I tried calling my neighbor one more time. And TA DA she answered! She has never used more than a point and shoot but since we had already been messing around we new what we wanted. I have to give her Huge Props for not knowing what she was doing and for having me tell her what we wanted while she was shooting the photos (we had limited perfect light time) she did an AMAZING job. Let me know what you think!

7 comments:

Adria said...

I love these! I loooove them. Your hair is soooo long! What an adorable family :)

The Watkins said...

Love Love LOVE the pictures! You all are so photogenic!(sp?) Mikey is such a handsome little man!

David and Sarah said...

WOW! So cute! Your hair is so long! Its gorgeous!!! Love the family pictures, they turned out perfect!

Amanda said...

You guys look great. Love the pics. I can't believe how long your hair is McKell! Has it really been that long since we've been in Logan???

Andrea :) said...

Darling pics! I love them! I love your long hair, too. :)

Angela said...

Great pictures and taken in your own backyard, can't beat that! It was so fun seeing you guys!

Kati said...

They look Great Mckell! That lighting is great too! My favorite it the top one of your family, then I also LOVE the top one of Mikey holding onto your fingers- There is something I LOVE about the positioning/expression-It just looks great- Frame it for sure!