Thursday, February 19, 2009

My First Trip to the Park

Today we had amazing weather (it wasn't raining and it was 52 degrees! Pretty good for around here.) So Mikey and I decided to go with Aunt KK and Cousins Naynay and FeFe to the park. At the park I had a "darn it" mommy moment. I was sitting in the back of KK's Pilot changing Mikey's diaper. Well I jumped the gun and changed him before he was finished doing his duty. So the new diaper was under him but not done up. Lets just say we had a small or probably more like Medium explosion. So yes we had "mustard stained clothes". I thought "No problem" as I had packed an extra little outfit just for this type of occasion. So I strip Mikey down and pull out the outfit and realize that this supposed 0 to 3 month outfit is not so big (Mikey is pretty long.). I figure it is one that stretches as you put it on and proceed to jam Mikey into a tiny little outfit. Bless his heart he was good natured the entire time even though he gave me some looks that said "Mommy what are you doing?". So when we got home I had to take a picture of him in this crazy outfit. (You can't tell how tight it is in the picture but it was really tight on his arms and legs.)




Once we were done with that we went back to the cousins. I had taken some old french bread with us so we all decided to go feed the ducks in the lake at the park. We expected a "few" ducks but when we got there we were swarmed (See picture):

This was only half of them.

We didn't have that much bread, so KK decided to feed them instead so Naynay and Fefe would not get attacked by the swarm of hungry birds. We let them watch but had to keep making them back up as the ducks and geese would get closer and closer.



And I had to get a picture of Mikey at the park (He is in the car seat on the stroller.)



It was great to get out of the house and get some fresh air! The weather is supposed to be good tomorrow as well so here is hoping for another fun adventure!

Tired Mikey and mommy after a fun day!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Being a mom is great, isn't it? You guys shouldn't be so afraid of the ducks... :)