Monday, January 28, 2008

Ice and snow!

Today we woke up to about 2-3 inches of snow. Being from Utah this seemed like nothing. I jumped in the car to take Evan to the bus, pulled out and realized the entire road was black ice! In Seattle, Wa and surrounding towns they do not put salt or plow snowy roads. As winters are not bad we do not have studded snow tires like I'm used to. As we turned the first corner I saw a hummer turn a corner and start to fish tail like crazy! We finally got to the bus stop where a bread truck crashed into an suv right in front of us. People and cars were sliding every where. We saw the bus and so Evan got out and I took off to the Gym. I worked out extra long in hopes the roads would get better. When I got done I called Evan who told me the bus ended up getting stuck at the top of the hill where we saw it so he had to walk to another bus station! Poor guy! On the drive home from the Gym the road was still icey and even though I was going 15 to 20 miles an hour my little car was sliding all over the road. So to make the story short I am working from home today. The bad news is I pushed all my meetings from today later in the week and now there is supposed to be another and possibly bigger storm tonight! What can I say! I HATE ICE!

2 comments:

Andrea :) said...

AMEN! Ice is terrible! Hope you guys stay safe and warm :)

Becky said...

I hate Ice as well!! We had one Ice storm here and it was HORRIBLE! Have you had any storms lately?
About the camera that you asked about. I have a nikon D50 (which they don't make anymore). The Nikon D40x is comparable. The only thing I don't like about it is the size, which they fixed with the D40x and if you are looking for basic and want an even smaller SLR go with the D40. I now think that a great camera is an excellent investment!