Monday, February 17, 2014

February Football, Flurries, Friends


I'm going to admit something that may get me in trouble.  I have NEVER watched a super Bowl EVER.  Growing up we had a no TV rule and my parents weren't big into sports so it wasn't something we did.  When I got married Evanicio would watch so I caught glimpses but never sat down and watched the game.  We even went to a super bowl party but the ladies chatted while the men watched so I don't really count it.  BUT this year the Sea Hawks, our local team, were in.  Even though I'm not a Big fan of football I couldn't help but catch the energy and excitement in the air for the game.  So after 31 years I finally sat down and watched and entire Super Bowl.  And I will admit it was pretty fun but it may have also been because of who I was watching it with.
Go HAWKS!
The Bishop of our church has a family lodge that he told the ladies of the church to go spend a night at.  It started snowing a day before going so I wasn't even sure if I wanted to go. (Snow in the NW is SO different then Utah, it seriously shuts everything down and creates a sheet of ice over the road etc.)  My friend convinced me that we would all be fine so I packed up and went.  It was AWESOME!  I really didn't get many pictures.  We arrived late in the evening had a great fireside and get to know you game and that had time to visit, play games, etc.  Early the next morning I threw on my snow clothes and busted outside before anyone else.  There was the awesome (read scary) tubing hill that I had to claim the fresh powder on.  I'm a little weary of things like this usually but for some reason I just needed to bust out of my safety bubble, oh and my friend went before me and she didn't die hahaha!  I spent the next 6+ hours outside tubing, sledding and snowmobiling. I'm a pretty cautious person but I felt carefree and wreck less, but within a safe boundary.  I think becoming a mother has made me much more fearful,  I'm afraid of anything happening to my kids, I know if they had been there I probably wouldn't have gone sledding because I wouldn't have wanted them to do it. I also have a fear that something will happen to me that will make it so I can't be there for them and that would crush my entire soul so this fear holds me back, makes me over protective at times and keeps me from trying things to avoid any of that from happening.  I didn't do anything dangerous but I didn't worry about everything and it felt fabulous!  There were 5 of us that were out for most of the time and we tried many different "tricks" on the hill.  Our record was 5 ladies on only 2 tubes.  So many laughs to be had, what a great escape for a tired mom!
This is 4 of the 5 the 5th is taking the picture.  
My favorite thing was the "Luge" the film doesn't even come close to make it look as extreme  scary as it was but I had been trying all day to get as far as I got on this. (The ground was not perfectly smooth there were bolder and bumps and the sled was really thin so seriously this was way harder than it looks, just take my word for it and humor me hahaha.)
Coming home after being away is always great!  And since it had snowed the boys were so happy to get to go outside and play in it. 

Dressed for Church,  What your kids smile nicely for pictures and don't tackle each other? WEIRD!
Our Favorite way to relax in the evening Movie and popcorn.
We went with some friends to NW Trek.  I almost bailed because it was pouring rain when we woke up, but my friend convinced us to go and I'm glad, the weather was chilly but the rain stopped and we all needed to get out of the house especially with friends!

No comments: