Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Mikey Turns 4!

There are some things that can get my emotions going in a matter of seconds.  One of those things is my children.  I am so in love with my two little boys.  So when it is time for their Birthdays it is very bitter sweet.  I'm excited to see who they are and what they are turning into.  But I'm sad and almost devastated (I know this sounds extreme) that they are getting older.  Time GOES BY TOO FAST!
In the morning Papai surprised Mikey with a model Helicopter.
I went back and forth about doing a friend party for Mikey.  In the end I decided to just invite some friends over last minute as a play date.  No presents, no planning, just playing and singing Happy Birthday and Cupcakes.  (Lets just say the cupcakes put me over the edge, 8 kids under the age of 4 with cupcakes WHAT WAS I THINKING confession: I do not like the food part of any kid activity the mess make me bananas.)
Here is the group, sorry you mainly hear me singing. (trust me I know I'm no singer.)
Mikey then headed off to Preschool.  This worked out perfectly because Mikey was snack helper and they were learning the letter M!  Mikey requested Cupcakes with LOTS of frosting.  I decorated them with an M (easy peasy right).  I actually tried to have him take a different treat since he doesn't like cupcakes or cake for that matter but he insisted he take cupcakes.
When he got home he requested hot dogs and green beans for dinner.  (Because of my current food restrictions I had to read all the hot dog labels looking for one I could eat.  I don't think anyone should ever have to read those labels and then eat them for dinner.)
I did convince Mikey to choose a treat that he would eat for his Birthday treat that night.  He chose Marshmallow Popcorn (this is one of my favorite treats too) so I made a big bowl and we sang to him again.
Mikey is very aware that Birthdays mean presents.  He got a few through out the day Henry even did a good job picking out one he liked.

But Little Man had his heart set on one that he was SO SO SO excited to get.  I'll just let the picture do the talking.

Mikey we are so proud of you and happy that you are in our family!
Four things we just love about you!
1.  Your sense of humor.  (You are a tease just like your daddy!)
2.  Your strong will and curiosity.  (You know what you want and you stick to it.  Endless questions.)
3.  Being an amazing and caring big brother.  (You are always so kind and worried about Henry.)
4.  That you still love "mommy love" or cuddling.  There is nothing that makes my day better than your      hugs and cuddles!

2 comments:

The Watkins said...

Oh Happy Birthday! What a handsome boy he is!

v said...

Awww! he is a darling guy! WHAT FUN :)