Sunday, September 2, 2012

Going Home

We ended up staying in the hospital 48 hours instead of the regular 24 because I had tested positive with Strep B and since I obviously didn't have time to have antibiotics in my system 4 hours before Henry arrived they had to observe him in case of infection.  (Another awesome thing was that my water broke 10 seconds before Henry came out, this is the best scenario you can ask for to protect the baby if you did not take the antibiotics.)  At first I was ok with staying but by the time it was time to leave we were all ready to GO HOME!
Henry was not a fan of his car seat.
 
When we arrived home I went crazy.  I had planned on doing laundry and cleaning on Thursday but obviously that hadn't happened so I quickly stripped all the beds and made them fresh and did some loads of laundry (Minus Uncle Teo's bed he had washed and remade his bed before leaving, talk about an amazing guest!).  It felt good to be home and moving, I was getting a little stir crazy sitting in the hospital room.

Henry was content being held and his daddy enjoyed the snooze. By the next morning it felt like we had always been a family of four.  Mikey was playing the part of the best big brother.  
My Heart couldn't have been more full at the sight of these three boys.

No comments: