Sunday, May 27, 2012

Last two weeks...

So the day after Mother's day Evanicio flew to Brasil for what was supposed to be a one week business trip (it was later extended to a two week trip with a stop in Uruguay.)
Little Man and I kept Busy while Evanicio was away "playing"  The first week flew by, there was great weather which resulted in lots of out door time for us and no pictures since we were on the go.  Little Man and I also decide to "redo" our front flower bed which proved to be more interesting than planned, since I found a few big boulders that had to be picked out of our hard clay ground  as well as one big unwanted bush pulled and lets just say a prego woman doing this looks rather interesting.  My poor neighbors kept checking in on me and offering help but I took it slow, thanked them and did it myself like any strong willed stubborn girl would.
In the end I think it turned out ok.  I still have bigger plans for the space but this made it look better for the moment.
Of Course little man wanted a picture by his "flowers".  He was my helper the day we did this.  He helped by digging up bushes we were planning on keeping and dumping a wheel barrow full of dirt all over the grass and river rocks that separate our yard from the neighbors, which resulted in a much larger workout than I had originally planned.  He really was trying to be helpful and I kept reminding myself of it as I tried to work faster to get the job done before I lost patience with my little worker.

I had a doctor appointment, baby is doing GREAT!  He is Big and Strong, has a great Heart Beat and can generally be seen playing soccer or ninja to my stomach at any given moment (He even kicked the doppler the doctor was finding his heart beat with.)  The bad news (although I knew it was coming) is I have already gained ALL the pregnancy weight I'm supposed to!  I'm as healthy as a horse other than getting fat chunky Plump so no worries but not exactly a woman's favorite thing to hear!  That being said I have been walking/jogging lately and after we get home Little Man always wants a turn to "run" so I humor him and let him run in our cul-de-sac while I try to cool down.  He wanted to run like Super Man this day and I thought he was so cute!

We would skype with Evanicio daily and between that and his pictures he showed us the luxuries of his super nice hotels and amazing food he was enjoying.  So Mikey and I decided we would make a gourmet dinner too!  Little Man LOVES to cook and is a zinger in the kitchen.


So we made a GIANT batch of our favorite buttermilk pancakes! (Pretty Gourmet when your life is revolving around a 3 year old.)  Mikey LOVES to mix, and sometimes he gets really wild Excited while he is mixing if you know what I mean, but he does try to be helpful.  Mikey was so hungry by the time we were done cooking he wanted to eat ALL of them.

Hahaha I know what you are thinking, "no wonder she is so fat look at that pancake stack!"  but to be honest these pancakes freeze beautifully so most of them went in the freezer.
We also made the Famous Blackberry Upside Down Cake for a baby shower I was co-hosting the next day and I made a second one using raspberries too!  (One container of Buttermilk makes one batch of the pancakes and two of the berry upside down cakes so it works out perfect!  I'm happy to share recipes if you would like them!)
The day Evanicio was supposed to come home was the LONGEST DAY!  Poor Little Man was really missing his Paipai, He had drawn him 5 maps showing how to get home whenever we skyped.  So I attempted to fill the day with diversions.  One of them was going on a walk to see the sheep that occasionally visit a meadow near our house.

Said sheep.

Hanging out with my Little Man.

And since I missed getting a picture the last two weeks since only Little man was around to take one here is my Week 25 Shot.

The thing I'm most boggled by is I was approached today by about 4 different people that said "Wow I didn't even know you were pregnant!"  Hahaha so glad to know people just thought I was getting fat for the fun of it! Se la Vie
We are Happy that Evanicio is home safe and sound.  Nothing is better than having everyone HOME!

4 comments:

Marilee said...

You look very pregnant to me! I am glad to hear that your check up went well.
Love Mamu :)

The Walkers said...

I'm glad to hear he is home now! Your planting beds look great! I keep putting mine off because I am scared to do anything with them....hopefully by the end of the summer :)

The Watkins said...

You look so beautiful! Look at you plantin, cooking, you are amazing!

Angela said...

Love the belly. I honestly think some people don't notice when people start gaining weight whether bc pregnant or otherwise. I remember went swimming one time and ran into friends she was 7 months pregnant. Devan said I didn't know she was pregnant. I said you didn't notice that bump and he look at me and said I don't look at her body. He was totally serious.