Mikey is pretty cautious in general, which as a mom I can't say is a bad thing. So when the neighbor kids started biking down a fairly steep driveway I figured Mikey would pass. But then I saw his strong desire to do the same. Going against every mother worrying bone in my body I told him he could do it and helped him down a few times. Then before I knew it he told me to let go and he was cruising like a speed dare devil all by himself down the sidewalk and gliding (NO FEET Touching) clear across the cul-de-sac! (This is from a kid who has NEVER gone done any type of incline on his bike he always gets off and walks.)
This is a picture as the movies do not seem to show the incline as much. See how much he has to tip toe? On level ground he is flat footed on the bike, and this wasn't even the steepest part of the driveway.

So every time he went over the gutter/curb part I was worried he would crash, it would be a moment of holding my breath. If you listen to me in the next video. Whenever Mikey would make it to the road he would look down and watch his feet instead of watching who or what was in front of him. I kept saying "Mikey look up so that he would avoid crashing into the other friends. In this video you will see that once he hits the pavement he looks "UP" at the sky. I asked him why he keeps looking at the sky but then I realized I was telling him to look "UP" and he was being a good listener and looking "Up" just like I said.
Mikey was also introduced to a Skateboard. Our teenage Neighbor is always outside riding his skateboard and Mikey loves to watch. The friends we were playing with had a small board that Mikey "Had to try". He LOVED it! Granted I was holding him up and running with him most of the way. Although I know skateboarding can come across wrong to some people I secretly hope Mikey wants to skate board to learn better balance then his mother has.
After all these fun sports wearing the his helmet Mikey got hot and wanted to take it off so that he could chase bubbles and a big beach ball. While chasing the beach ball he collided with a neighbor kid and fell head first onto the pavement giving him a nice goose egg and a little road rash. I think I will just keep his helmet on him always! hahaha!
And of course now that the weather is warm Little man had to mow the lawn. Oh how I wish the mower worked but wasn't dangerous! (He is throwing you a peace sign he likes to be indiscreet.)
No comments:
Post a Comment