Mikey loves having someone to play with. He makes a terrible only child as he always needs someone with him (which makes being his mom rather difficult at times.) As the school year approached and so many of my friends with school aged kids prepared for their routines I envied that they could make a schedule of their weeks. And then I realized that I could too!
I'm still working on getting a schedule that works well for us but it is getting there! One of the things I worked hard to arrange was a play group for Mikey. I wanted the play group for a few reasons one was so Mikey could play with other kids, two was for Mikey to be somewhere without me and feel good about it, three I needed a guaranteed time that I could clean our bathrooms (I know it sounds pathetic but M doesn't nap much anymore and he wants to be with me everywhere I go even if there is cleaner.)
There were a number of set back trying to arrange one which almost made me give up but in the end it worked out. We have a group of 4 of us which is perfect because we take turns so really only do it once a month. The boys are all within a few month of each other age wise. They all love cars, balls, and trains. They are all learning the same things (so we don't have to feel as bad when our kid is not behaving because the other mom's completely understand.)
Here they are at snack time! It was impossible to get their attention and the rest of the time they were running to fast to catch them!
You may have noticed that the header says Play School not Play group. Well that is because at our house if you say play group Mikey gets mad and does not want me to leave him. But by simply calling it Play school and sending his back pack with him he is perfectly content so we will just keep it as such.:)
Mikey loves the day he has Play School so much that the other days seem harder because he seems so lonely. So on another day last week I had my friends daughter come play with us. She is younger than Mikey but so happy and Mikey just adores her so it worked out well!
Little man did not want his picture taken so this was as good as it got.
No comments:
Post a Comment