Friday, July 15, 2011

Day out with Thomas!

Evanicio called me one day from work and asked if he could take Mikey to Ride on Thomas the Train the following Friday. Although I'm a cheapo and would have usually said "no" to such a high priced event the fact that I would get the day to clean and finish up long over do projects with out interruptions sounded great so I readily agreed.
Fast forward to the Thursday prior to the day of Going to Thomas I get another phone call from Evanicio asking if I could take Mikey as he could not get off work. Since the tickets had already been bought I did not see the point in wasting them so I left the ever growing pile of cleaning and projects I took my little man to see Thomas.
We had not told him where we were taking him so when I stopped at a school to ride the "shuttle" to the location, and Mikey saw the School bus, which was the shuttle as well. He was SUPER Excited and said "The BUS is the BIG Surprise!"He does not look overjoyed in the picture because he was actually to nervous to ride on the bus once we were on if he wasn't sitting in my lap. (I think not being in a car seat made him feel insecure.)
As the bus rounded the corner towards our destination there was a perfect View of Thomas the train sitting right in front of us so I stood Mikey up to see and he screamed at the top of his lungs "THAT IS THOMAS!" I think we scared the others on the bus as all the other parents seemed to have prepared their kids for seeing Thomas better than I had.
At the train Museum Mikey was able to:
Try on a conductor hat:Explore the cabin of a few old Engines:Play at a variety of Train tables:Bounce:See a variety of old engines: (Yes we are wearing SWEATERS in the middle of July! It has yet to reach 70 let alone above.)And even meet Sir Topham Hatt: (Yes, I was terrified of the thing so of course I waited in line and then told Mikey to go give him a high five while I backed away making sure never to get to close to the crazy thing. Mikey wanted to hold his hand crazy kid!.)But Mikey's all time favorite things?
Nope it wasn't even meeting Thomas: (excuse the blurry photo they rush you through like rats.)It was the actual ride itself:
And no the ride wasn't amazing the reason Mikey liked it was because the train ride took us right past construction so we got to see these: (yeah TWO cement trucks any boys dream!)And water (this was the drop off of the top of Snoqualmie falls)
So although my house is still a mess and my projects are left undone, I was happy to see the excitement and sparkle in little mans eyes.

No comments: