Sunday, May 22, 2011

Trucks, Trucks, Vaccum

Little Man loves his trucks! He is very boy that way. He loves to watch trucks, hear trucks, play trucks, on occasion sleeps with one or two trucks. He is at a very fun stage of loving to play pretend as well. I love watching him play pretend he make little people and cars talk to each other, race, and my favorite help each other. Here we can see Mikey's digger saving his cruiser:My favorite part about this is he is acting out a story from one of his favorite books "Benny the Breakdown Truck" that his aunt KK got for him.
Mikey decided to take a few of his own pictures most came out blurry or were of me so un-postable but some of them were fun. My favorite was this one:He adores Garbage trucks! Monday is our pick up day at 7:00 am sharp and if Mikey is still sleeping he will wake up and hear the truck come and literally come running to my room in a tizzy you would think there was a fire. Grabs my hand pulls me into the play room so I can hold him up in the window and he can watch the truck. On occasion the driver is super nice and makes a "show" for Mikey. Last week the guy dumped the larger front garbage (our trucks look just like the one in the pic) and while it was up in the air he "waved" the pinchers that grab our garbage cans like he was waving at Mikey. I thought it was so nice and cute. But then I looked at Mikey who I though would be smiling and waving and he was staring with awe struck hahaha silly kid.
Mikey also LOVES Vacuums (Hope his love remains forever and ever.) He can often be found vacuuming and whenever I vacuum you can guarantee this little man is my shadow every step of the way. This little red vacuum has been awesome. It's light works but it makes no sound. The only trouble is when I use the hose on my vacuum for couches, stairs, corners he does not have a hose on his. This has resulted in a power struggle over my vacuum and frustration on both ends. I never want to stop letting Mikey "help" where it is doable but I'm also never in the mood for a battle when trying to clean. So I have been on the lookout and our super nice neighbors called tonight and said they were getting rid of this and wanted to know if Mikey may like it:Can we say HOORAY! It has a light too, makes noise but not too loud, AND has a hose with attachments! Happy day for our house now we can clean and stay calm all at he same time!

2 comments:

Camilla said...

Oh, this makes me so excited for my little guy to grow and get so excited about things! He also loves the vacuum and trucks. I can't wait to hear him playing! You are such a good mom. Mikey is adorable and it's obvious that he is a happy child with a good life! :)

Amanda said...

That is funny about the vacuum. John loves to help me vacuum, and has for a long time. Basically I will hold the cord out of the way for him and he does all the rest. A couple weeks ago we were in a thrift store and he found a vacuum just his size (real, not a toy, actually works) and he wanted it so bad. I hemmed and hawed and finally said it could be a prize for him to earn. So we got it and he earned it. He loves to vacuum with it. I should post a pic so you can see it. Who knows what it is with kids and vacuums, eh?