Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sunshine in a box!

If you have been reading this blog at all you will be well aware of my fierce dislike of the gray dreary weather in the WONDERFUL NW! I tell you things are green here but for at least 9 months out of the year (commonly longer) you can bet your buckets on gray and rain almost everyday and you would come out a winner.
Funny enough my dear sister who lives in Heaven sent Hawaii feels the opposite of me. She would prefer a few more cold blustery rainy gray days. (In an dream world we would switch houses and be perfectly content.) I think her recent visit here helped her realize how hard this crazy gloomy weather is on my spirit because randomly I received a fabulous package in the mail. (Don't you love receiving Surprises in the mail, or am I just old school that way?) And packed inside was "sunshine in a box". Basically it is a box that contains a bunch of fun things that make me smile happy or just allow me to escape when I have a gloomy day. To some it may not appear or seem to mean that much. But honestly it couldn't have come at a better time on a better day. I LOVE IT! I feel so blessed to have a family like mine they are SO wonderful and never cease to amaze me with their talents, thoughtfulness, forgiveness, generosity, I could go on for pages really. P.S. After receiving the box there was sun off and on for the following two days. And since then we have had at least 5 more sunish days. YAY!

No comments: