Saying that I have done my best especially since Mikey was born to avoid the "big stuff". I have sanitized, washed, and avoided whenever possible without totally becoming a hermit. I feel that my efforts were with good intent. So when I woke up to a crying and soon vomiting Mikey last Friday night/Saturday Morning I bawled. I didn't want to see this happen to him. I didn't want to deal with it (puke is my biggest "I hope I don't have to deal with it" things.). I cried because I hated to see him hurt and scared I also cried because I realized that my efforts had been in vain that I cannot keep germs away without a bubble. Even then when the heaving stopped from Mikey I made Evan help me Clorox everything in the house we did laundry non stop I was determined to kill every germ in our home.
To say the least I failed again. I then reenacted Mikey's horrible night with my own horrible night two nights later. I have since cleaned my house 2 to 3 more times. This crazy bug hangs on to me I still feel yucky coming upon 5 days. In all this I have done my best to think of the upside to my situation so here it goes a short list of things I have learned or enjoyed during being sick.
- Stomach flu saves on your grocery bills! Who wants to eat let alone think about food?
- I feel SO blessed to have a washer and dryer! (can you imagine being a pioneer mother eeewwwww.)
- Guess I don't have to worry about that extra pound or two from the holidays! YAY :)
- Is being grateful for TV and movies make me sound like a terrible mother?
- Laying on the bathroom floor gave me a whole new perspective on my cleaning technique.
- My mom Saying "Sorry you have the 'Heavies'." (It made me laugh at least.)
- Mikey saying "Feel better Maemae ok?"
- Family and friends calling to make sure you haven't fallen in the toilet
- I get bored being sick so I tend to start sorting or organizing! YAY!
- An amazing Husband who pulls the weight when you tell him you can't move and he has to stay home from work.
PS If you could avoid hitting me or my family again for the next decade or so I would be deeply obliged! Thank you!
1 comment:
Oh hope you guys feel better soon! We have lucked out this season (Knock on wood!) But seriously being sick and being a mom is the worst combo ever! Get better! Miss you!
Post a Comment