Mikey is not fully grasping the Idea of Santa yet. I told him we were going to see Santa and he went over to look at a small statue of Santa. With his eyes really big he said "I see Santa *Maemae!". (Maemae, I'm not sure if spl is right is like saying Mommy in Portugese, and I kind of like that Mikey calls me that it makes it easy to know which kid is calling.) I couldn't help but laugh at his response. When we made it to the actual Santa he was less than willing to go up to him. So I diligently grabbed him up and dumped him on Santa's lap. Mikey was not so sure but as soon as Santa gave him a Candy Cane Mikey decided Santa wasn't so bad after all.

(Unfortunatly in my haste to avoid a "crying" scene My picture turned out blurry DRAT!)
Tonight we went to tithing Settlement for our church. We had to wake Mikey up from his nap to go so he wasn't as energized as the Bishop was used to seeing him. So the Bishop offered him a big Candy Cane and Mikey immediately perked up and started smiling.

Amazing what this kid will do for candy. (He takes after his mother in this aspect.)
Oh and I asked him to show me how happy eating candy made him and this was his response.
No comments:
Post a Comment