So I have a question but first I have to set it up with the following: Evan and I have had one car for a few years now. It has worked out great. We have come to a point that we need a 2nd vehicle. We currently have one child and plan on having more (I don't know how soon or how many more, Mikey just turned one so please don't ask I'm just not ready yet.;)) However you probably should know that there is every possibility that we could wind up with about 3 kids....give or take. Please know that we have $ set aside for this purchase and that I'm the type of person that when I buy a car I'm not going to sell it next year or the next (basically I want to keep it for around 10 years give or take, so buying an really old car isn't something I we want to do since our current car is 10 years old.) We have looked at Sedan's, Crossovers, SUV's, and (I can't believe I'm saying this) Mini vans.
After thinking about our long term needs we came to the conclusion that a mini van (we are leaning towards Honda Odyssey) would fit each of our needs and requirements. However for the present time and possibly the next 2 years a minivan is more than we need. So my question is if you were in my shoes what would you purchase and why? (You can also tell me about your car what you love or hate about it, kid friendly features that you can't live without etc.) Thanks for your input, my head is overwhelmed with this decision so outside advice will help me think this through.
4 comments:
Ryan and I are also looking for a new vehicle. (We have 2 but one is on it's very last leg) We finally decided to just get a car and then in a few years when a van or SUV would be more of what we need, we would sell the "old" car. Ryan then would use the "new" car for his commute and we would get a van/suv for the fam. Can you tell I married an accountant! Also we love the Honda Van, but Ryan still has serious reservations about getting a van! I also have alot of friends who love their Toyota van, but now with Toyota in its mess maybe not so much! Good Luck!
I would buy a Subaru WRX STI. It has 4 doors, so you can carry 3 kiddos in the back the next 10 years, plus it goes really fast. It is also available in white and it goes really fast, did I mention that? Let's see what Mamu recommends: don;t go with that! get the one that gives you the best mileage, room and is the best price. I know that is what you are looking for. good luck!
Mini vans are so unsexy but so awesome. It is hard to cross into one. We bought ours when I was 6 weeks prego with kid #1.
Besides the awesome cargo space (which hello when you have a kid you need it for any kind of roadtrip... think stroller, high chair, pack-n-play, case of diapers... you know what I mean) the height of the van is great. I HATE putting car seats in cars (we have a sedan, too) and I hate even more trying to buckle a kid up in the backseat of a car in a carseat. That is my 2 cents about it.
We are a one car family. My dream car a Honda Odysse (SP?). Ride in one it is luxury. We moved all but one load of our stuff to Brads house when moving, it is like having a truck it fits so much stuff in it. After Kyra opened our car door into a car parked next to ours I knew i wanted a van with sliding doors. One of my brothers told me when they move and drive through neighborhood and look at the van SUV ratio. Van symbolizes practicality. Besides as a passanger I would rather sit in the back row of a van any day over a SUV, leg room!
Post a Comment