Some friends of ours invited us to go hiking. Evan was willing to go, so of course I was thrilled! It would also be M's first hike! We went in early September. I was a little worried about whether we would make without M throwing a huge fit. But I was too excited to go to really worry.
This is Mikey at the start (Yeah he doesn't look too thrilled). Our friends have a 2 and 4 year old so we weren't in race mode, but the 4 year old was a great hiker and set a pace that would make any hiker daddy proud. 
This is the first time Mikey got to get out of his "pack", he was pretty thrilled and thirsty.
One of the fun things was that there were many "stairs" in the moutain. At each one there was often a pond or small lake. We had amazing views of lakes, rocks, trees....We were also lucky enough to pick and eat Wild Huckleberries. I had never had a huckleberry before. They are very small and tender so difficult to pick but VERY yummy! Evan and I pick enough that I brought it home and made a tiny Huckleberry/blackberry cobbler.

And the point of the whole hike was an awesome view of Mt. Rainer. At this view point we met an 83 year old hiker who said his daughters were "carrying him" like he had carried them. But from what I saw he didn't need anyone to carry him, oh I hope to be like that when I hit those years.The best part is Evan keeps talking about going on this hike again next year, and possibly looking at others! I can't wait to make hiking a family tradition! (I hope!)
No comments:
Post a Comment