Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Ode to Freezer Jam!

I have to admit I'm terrified of canning. Don't get me wrong I'm happy to help my mom or whoever but I don't think I will ever have the guts to do it myself. I fear too much. I fear that I will mess up the recipe, that I will explode a bottle when I'm trying to seal them, or that after a very LONG day of hard canning none of my bottles will seal.
I do try to do homemade things to make my mom proud. One thing that I just think is wonderful is Freezer jam. That is right no cooking, no glass bottles, and no need to worry about sealing! I think someone invented freezer jam for people like me!
Thank you person who invented freezer Jam and for Ball for making those awesome PLASTIC freezer jam jars so that people like me can still feel semi domestic.

1 comment:

The Winkel Family said...

That is so funny. I have been doing the same thing this past week. I love those plastic containers as well. Perfect for the simple freezer jam. I am with you on the full out canning thing, it seems like so much work for so little results. By the way, your little guy is so adorable.